6 Main PC Hardware peripheral you will need to setup a new small Retai
POS THAT IS EASY AS
We have POS Software solution for Windows as well as IPAD Tablet that is purposed for a Retail, Restaurant, Cafe or Food Trucks.
When you are starting / setting up a new business, you will need to set up your POS system to suit your business needs. The following are the general parts of your POS (Point of Sale) which you will need:
- Main PC / Terminal to interact with the person serving the client. This is usually a hardware that consist of a sensitive touch screen, which allow the user to select items that are designed on a virtual keyboard that is displayed on the screen.
- Client Display for the client is view what he/she is purchasing. The old systems would normally have a VFD (Vaccum Fluro Display) that consist of 2 lines by 20 characters. These displays can be programmed to have messages scrolling through for simple shop advertising. The modern client display would normally consist of a colour monitor, which can show a list of items purchased by the client, as well as full coloured advertising that gives a professional look to the front of your shop.
- Docket or Receipt Printer to allow you to print a copy of the receipt for the client to take away with them. The printer is also used to do their end of day reports.
- Cash drawer to hold your notes and coin. Most cash register has a standard dimension of 430mm X 430mm X 110mm. Moreover, this will usually take 8 types of coin and 5 different kinds of notes. The front of the POS Cash Drawer will also have a small slit, which use to take checks or large denominations. The Cash Drawer's construction has to be reasonably strong to ensure that it is able to carry the load of coins. This is very important for high volume retail business (e.g. fruit and veg) which can require a user to open the drawer frequently.
- Barcode Scanner is generally used in a retail POS system to speed up the counter in checking through items. Most modern day POS has a barcode scanner that has omini-directional capabilities. This will allow your item to assume different orientations as it passes through the front of the scanner. For smaller retail shop that does not have too much volume, an ordinary linear scanner would suffice. It is also important to decide whether a scanner can scan 2D barcode to accomodate for membership barcode scanning if needed.
- Backup UPS Battery to keep the system running if in case there is a brief power outage. Reducing power spikes can prevent file corruption which could potentially happen when the server looses power when its in the middle of saving data. Although this unit is generally optional, we would still generally advice to have them. The units will also protect your hardware from small surges, which happens when one has an electrical line that is not 'clean'. Clean electrical lines are lines which are linked directly to the distribution board without any large current equipment feed tapped into the line close by. These large equipment could be in the form of compressors and fridges, and can cause surges when they start up, which can cause issues to nearby electronic devices.
- Finally, in addition to the main peripherals used for the terminal, you will need to have your EFTPOS terminal ready as well, that is if you plan to link your EFTPOS terminal directly to your PC POS. The EFTPOS terminal is usually provided by your merchant bank and can easily interface to our range of POS software.
In order to save cost, we also provide Bundled POS hardware and system prices at a fairly competitive price with the necessary POS Retail software to go with it.
POS Touchscreen TerminalSHOP THE COLLECTION
Cash DrawerSHOP THE COLLECTION
POS Receipt Thermal PrinterSHOP THE COLLECTION
RETAIL SCALESSHOP THE COLLECTION
CASH REGISTER LINKING SCALESHOP THE COLLECTION
LABEL PRICE COMPUTING BARCODE SCALE PRINTERSSHOP THE COLLECTION
Label PrintersSHOP THE COLLECTION
POS Thermal and Bond Paper RollsSHOP THE COLLECTION